Water harvesting is an activity of collection of rainwater and storing in containers for direct use or can be recharged in to the ground.
• As water is becoming scarce, it is the need of the day to attain self-sufficiency to fulfill the water needs
• As urban water supply system is under tremendous pressure for supplying water to ever increasing population
• Groundwater is getting depleted and polluted
• Soil erosion resulting from the unchecked runoff
• Health hazards due to consumption of polluted water